ELECTIONS 2016-2017 Term
It’s once again election time for the Westchester/Greater Connecticut chapter of the National Black MBA Association. We welcome your participation in the process. Nominate yourself or someone else for our 2016 and 2017 Administration. The goal of the election is to choose an Executive Board to serve the new term, beginning no later than April 15, 2016.
The timetable for the election of officers is as follows:
- Notification of members regarding elections – by March 9, 2016
- Receive nominations for officer positions – no later than March 23, 2016
- Eligibility of nominees’ review process – March 21 through 30, 2016
- Meet the Candidates and Ask Questions – March 31 or April 1, 2016
- Election open for online voting – April 2 through 9, 2016
- Publish election results to membership – no later than April 16, 2016
The following officer positions are up for election:
- Vice President, Operations
- Vice President, Administration
- Vice President, Finance
- Vice President, Communications
Please submit your nominations for the officer positions that will be open for the upcoming term.
The Nomination Form can be found in the documents to your right.
Please refer to the Bylaws to review roles and responsibilities for each officer position. The chapter bylaws can also be found in the documents to the right. Please note that the bylaws are only 17 pages although the page numbers are showing 22.
We are also filling non-elected positions. If you are interested in contributing to the organization by serving in one of these leadership roles, please let us know.
As of this writing, open committee chair positions include:
- Corporate Relations
- Leaders of Tomorrow (LOT)
- Marketing Services
- Collegiate Affairs
Please refer to your By-Laws for a description of the responsibilities of each office. You can find them in the documents library.
Who can hold office?
Eligibility Criteria - A candidate for an elected office shall meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Member must have a graduate level degree;
- Member must be a financial member of the Association for at least six (6) months and must have participated in the chapter activities, prior to time of taking office; and
- Member either must have held a previous leadership position at the Chapter level (preferably Chapter officer or Chairperson of a committee with Chapter responsibility) or have a minimum of five (5) years of business experience in the private, government or educational sectors.
How do I submit a Nomination Form?
Please email your completed nomination form (can be found in the documents library) to Cynthia Mullins, Elections Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You may nominate yourself for any available office, as long as you meet the eligibility criteria.
When can I vote?
Online voting opens on April 2, 2016 and closes at 11:59pm on April 9, 2016. If you have questions, please contact Cynthia Mullins, Elections Chair at email@example.com..
WGC Elections Committee